A2ZCNC quick change tool post

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackG

Reaction score
I have a quick change tool post manufactured by A2ZCNC on my Sherline lathe. The problem is, it doesn’t seem to stay in place. No matter how tight I make it (within reason – don’t want to damage the crossslide), it always seems to slowly rotate. This seems especially apparent when using the cutoff tool. I don’t have this problem when using the Sherline normal tool posts.

Anyone seen this behavior? Any thoughts on how to correct it?

Thanks,
Jack

I have the same problem on my Taig. I use a block of metal with 2 bolts through it into the other T slot. You could try a piece of paper between the toolpost and cross slide.
Bryan.

I had a problem with the A2Z QCTP until I made a change to the design. I replace the Taig adapter with one made from 12L14. A 1/4-20 socket head screw was pressed in from the bottom and a relief was cut in the top side to make a better surface to cinch down the tool post.

P1000371.jpg

A new hex nut was made to tighten down the tool post. So far it has worked well and stopped the rotating of the tool post.

P1000370.jpg

Steve C.

That's a great idea -Thanks. :) I had been using the paper. That improved it, but didn't solve the problem.

Latest posts

Back