A little bit of work

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred

Reaction score
Started in on another project this weekend.
These build logs come in handy to figure out how long I've been working on something, so to mark the 'start', here's a teaser (no, it's not a rocking engine :D)

FlyCrank_001.jpg

Nope... Hmm... maybe I should make it into a contest... winner gets 5 lbs of 12L14 bar-ends.. (FOB Austin, TX ;D)

With luck I'll get to write it up some tonight, but right now it's "More Milly-Milly, less Typey-Typey" as the saying goes :D

shred said:
With luck I'll get to write it up some tonight, but right now it's "More Milly-Milly, less Typey-Typey" as the saying goes :D

Ha, I'm probably the worst person on here for that. ;D

JWAir.jpg

Tubal Cain's "Jenny Wren", modified a little here and there. 1/8" bore and an equally ridiculous stroke.

Still some work to go getting it to run on steam-- pressure testing the boiler, safety valve, making the burner and all the cleanup and polishing, but it runs on 10 PSI air.

It runs so fast the only difference between stills and video is the blur of the flywheel and crank. ;)

shred said:
Tubal Cain's "Jenny Wren", modified a little here and there. 1/8" bore and an equally ridiculous stroke.

Still some work to go getting it to run on steam-- pressure testing the boiler, safety valve, making the burner and all the cleanup and polishing, but it runs on 10 PSI air.

It runs so fast the only difference between stills and video is the blur of the flywheel and crank. ;)

Thats just to much, little worker and all, wonderful. Was getting worried another "Fever" was afoot. The mini boiler, not a newbie project. but then again . . .

1/8 bore 1/8 throw, yup a tie clasp.

Wonder if the bride will miss another goblet :)

Robert

Very nice little machine Shred !

Regards, Arnold

Ah, wow, Shred, that thing is really cool. :bow: Nice work, post more pictures!

Video running on air. Still working on the steam part. It's pretty fiddly being this small. Apologies for the poor focus and view.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBVseW368w[/ame]

Nice runner Shred - buzzes nearly like a hair-clipper -had me ducking to save the bit of hair I have left ;D
Well done!
Regards, Arnold

shred said:
1/8" bore and an equally ridiculous stroke.

Blimey ........ new glasses would be my first requirement for that build :eek: .......... excellent work, and what a runner 8)

CC

Oh, that's just very cute! I didn't realize how small the entire unit was until you showed it with the pop can. Sounds like a tiny weed whacker. Great stuff!

Dean

butifull little machine

where did you find the electron microscope

Steam engines and Mountain Dew, you've got MY vote for engine of the month. :D

Thanks everyone. I knew it was going to be small going in, but just how small some of the parts and such are was still a bit of a surprise. I'm happy to have built it but may not venture again into this kind of small stuff for a while-- when the largest drill you need is 1/16" and you're often reaching for the numbers below #60, things get different, especially because, just to see if I could, I made it on a 12x36 lathe and 8x30 mill. I've got even more respect now for the people that work in scales where the #0-80 tap is 'large' :eek:

Shred,

Wow, that is small, very nicely done. :bow: :bow:

I reckon a candle and it might be over firing. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back