9 draw wooden craftsman/toolbox

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynes world

Reaction score
hi to all aussies on the forum, kingchrome tools are selling the 9 draw tool chest you see most use for cutting tool storage and measuring equipment in, to which are same or simalar to the one chronos in the uk sell.

kingchome do have a cattle dog sale at the moment with them in for $179. ea to which is dirt cheap, i have secured 2 for myself already so if you want some get in to your local kingchome stockist to get yours or look it up on there web www.kingchrome.com.au

just a message to all not an sales pitch

wayne ;)

The link seems to be dead

I have seen some realty cheap wooden chests lots of sawdust board. I have seen the windsor brand at harbor freight falling apart on display. My sons import from grizzly in quite nice for the money. Buyer beware pay money take chances.
Tin

if they crumble and fall apart it will give me a good insight on making new ones better, but at a great cost to find out , once they are full of gear i wont be lifting them my back wont like that at all .

You may be OK . The real junk ones I have seen have sold for under $100. for close to I would hope it is decent. not a gerchner but usable at the very least. I can see some room for improvement on my sons box but easily upgraded.
Tin

I had a look at one about a year ago, seemed like it was well built. Kinchrome standard has moved up leaps and bounds in the last 5 years. As for making one buying the material would come in under the sale price but it comes down to a question of how much you value your time at away from other pursuits. Personally I would buy one if I was in the market for one. I usually tend to look for old plan/ map cabinets as they have a nice worktop. Just my 5 cents worth.

Brock

Some (many) years ago I designed an all wood full extension wooden slide which I
made for some project. I wonder if I can find any information on it??? If so it would
be an interesting addition to a wood toolbox. Now If I could just think what it was
for I might have an idea where to look. :)
...lew...

Sorry Guys the are out of stock until January. But worth waiting for in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back