40% model IHC M

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodue

Project of the Month Winner!
Reaction score
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuz2BXfTI6M&feature=em-upload_owner[/ame]
this is my first scratch built engine I purchased the flywheels from Paul Breisch, that is used on his Olds Model. I made them look like the M.
I used 1/8 cold rolled steel and hand form and weld them in the shape of the M. It is all steel no body filler was used

Rodue, that M is a very nice looking and running engine. What kind of welding process did you use?

Chuck
All I had at that time was and ark welder, it worked well because you could lay down a heavy bead. It did take a lot of grinding.

Great model I have been wanting to build one myself as I have the full size engine.
Did you have any plans for your build?
Thanks cam

I do not have any drawings. I used the full size engine and I did not tear it all down for the dimension's, I used a hand held calculator and set it at the scale of 40% and scaled the engine.
"GEM" was doing an article on International and a guy took a picture of the model beside a 6 Hp and sent it in to GEM.

Scan0054.jpg

Beautiful job! I just got a 3hp full size IH and want to model it also. What did you make the main cylinder and hopper out of please?

Jim in Pa

Great model I have been wanting to build one myself as I have the full size engine.
Did you have any plans for your build?
Thanks cam

I don't know whether they are still in business, but Wismer used to sell castings for a 1/2 size IHC M type, also the truck or skid.

No web site, but details are as follows:
WISMER MACHINE COMPANY, INC.
1006 Old Bethlehem Pike
Sellersville, PA 18960
Telephone (215) 257-5081
Fax (215) 257-5083
e-mail [email protected]

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Beautiful job! I just got a 3hp full size IH and want to model it also. What did you make the main cylinder and hopper out of please?

Jim in Pa
I sent you a privet message

Latest posts

Back