4 MT to 5C adaptor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdp67

Reaction score
Is there such a thing, and if so where would I get one? Thanks for all your help!!

Walt

Im not sure where you would find a bushing like that, but there may be a collet chuck that mounts on your spindle nose. that is a bit more of a spendy solution.

the #4 Major OD 1.23100 minor 1.02000 3-7/8 long.

so a bushing would need to stick out a ways in order that its not paper thin.

It seems a collet chuck would be the key to that problem.

What kind of lathe and spindle nose type do you want to use it on? that will narrow down your options.

I poked around a little for such a thing for my 10" Sheldon, but couldn't find anything that wasn't a collet chuck.

The usual MT4 collet size is 4C (or 2L-- IIRC they're the same), but they only go to 3/4"

It is an 11x27 Precision Mathews lathe, and I think it is called a flanged spindle but not sure I am somewhat of a newbie.

Thanks
Walt

Hi back fom Durbs, I've been looking at the lathe on a light plywood palette (all that’s left of the box I brought it home in. Heavy…) on the floor in my “workshop” It, fitted with a 3jaw chuck and some boxes with gears, MT2 & 3 centres, a few tools and not much else. I bought a 4jaw, a nice looking 13mm chuck and a MT2 arbour. The whole deal costing us less than 11k5 ZAR. We were compelled to buy new stuff as we must get started ASAP. Ifound some white grinding wheels. I could not find a used lathe or any 2nd hand accessories nor any metal and our stay was cut short by a few days. The driving … 1000km there and back. Would you believe none of my kids over 18 can drive?
Looking at my lathe some things seem obvious. I have paid too much for a load of stuff I don’t think I could ever make work.
The ON-OFF switch seems real dodgy. High up on the left is a stiff yellow plastic box with a red lid that looks molded to stay closed enclosing the red and green buttons covered loosely covered by a membrane. Any suggestions?
Maybe I should be posting in Questions
I must get this thing off the floor.
Ant

Latest posts

Back