#29-Mine Engine, All new macro pictures

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Butcher

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
#1 I wasn't very pleased with the pictures that were posted yesterday. The taller size of the engine made taking pictures at a distance necessary, and doesn't show much detail.
I started a new thread since those that already saw the pictures would not have the opportunity to view the close ups, unless they re-visited the build thread photos.

p1030703.jpg

p1030707d.jpg

p1030715.jpg

p1030716.jpg

p1030722t.jpg

p1030723.jpg

p1030727.jpg

p1030731m.jpg

p1030734t.jpg

-MB

Looks great.

I like the touch of copper you used.

th_wav

SAM

MB,
Now even better :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

You did a good job, Rick. Everything looks just right!
The copper steam chest cover is set off nicely by the brass, and the red and black is a nice combo.

Dean

Rick,
A lot of fine workmanship shows in those photos. Thm: Thm:
Fine build and an enjoyable journey for us to follow along.
Thank you for sharing.
Gail in NM

Rick,

Just Beautiful :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for sharing your build...

Jeff

Rick,
Simply awesome!

Great work, I love the details. Just awesome!

Wow!, what a wonderful response! :)

Jeff02, Sam in LA, Philjoe5, Deanofid, GailInNM, slick95., and Ksouers.

Thank you one and all, for all your complimentary responses!

The support and camaraderie shown by the members of this forum is incredible!

Thanks again, you guys are the best! :bow:

-Rick

Rick

Those close-ups wouldn't let you hide any blemishes. On the other hand, there don't seem to be any!

Really impressive fit and finish, another fine job Sir :bow: :bow:

Regards, Joe

Beautiful craftsmanship Rick! :bow:

Your build looks like a working engine.
All it needs is a few spatters of black paint around the bearings to
simulate the normal grease flinging.

Rick

Rick,

Very very nice. :bow: :bow:

Have you changed your colour scheme ??? or did you feel a particular need for this engine. ???

Best Regards
Bob

Ditto on every compliment here. Now, I'll be the only one asking this question: What is the wood base? Bubinga?

-Trout

Joed, rake60, Maryak, and Troutsqueezer. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you for your interest and ongoing support. And also, thank you for all the wonderful compliments!

To answer your questin Bob, I wanted to try out a few new different colors and combination's. I like the sage-mist green a lot, but felt it may have become a bit repetitious. I noticed quite a few two tone engines being presented on the forum and became aware that it is an attractive alternative to a single color finish. Plus I was almost out of the green, and had a full can of hot rod black, and red oxide primers. The pieces ended up with a three part finish. A thin primer coat of sage-mist green self etching primer, a base coat of either red oxide or black primer, and a dry-misted clear lacquer top coat. I can't say for sure if this is the beginning of a new color scheme that I'll continue to use, since the green is still my favorite.

To answer you question Trout. I used Che-Chen wood for the #29 base. Its a little darker than the Bubinga wood I used on the #41 but it has a similar grain texture and density, almost like a lighter color version of Che-Chen that I used on the #29 and #33. I think that the lighter Bubinga has a richer and warmer color. Both have a hard, solid, and heavy feel unlike most domestic hardwoods.

-MB

Back