2.3 cc 2 stroke manually made

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr4k3r

Mechanic
Reaction score
Hello again guys, i had a post last year about a mini engine i wanted to build but i didnt have a lathe and i quited fast...neither today i dont own one. But i decided to start with hacksaw, files and other manual tools to build a 2 cc engine from what can i find in my garage 2 months ago. The process so far took me aprox. 150 hours, the materials are steel, some dead iron and vanadium witch i hacksawed from some duplicate tools, some nails, crowbar and some aluminium thin foils from old computer electrical source.
I have to make this [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R6teBOlco[/ame] , the eletrical part with piezo and i can put to test. I measured the vaccum and compression and they seem good. I only have idle on carb because it doesnt need acceleration, it can break and i dont want that. I dedicated my soul into this manually made from scrap metal 2.3cc 2 stroke engine.

So here are some pic. Its not perfect but i will make the finishes after i hear it start, because its useless now to make a design and paint it. PS : it has no cooling system unfortunetlly.:wall:

SAM_1614.jpg

SAM_1615.jpg

SAM_1617.jpg

SAM_1618.jpg

SAM_1619.jpg

SAM_1621.jpg

SAM_1622.jpg

SAM_1623.jpg

SAM_1625.jpg

SAM_1626.jpg

SAM_1627.jpg

SAM_1628.jpg

SAM_1629.jpg

SAM_1630.jpg

SAM_1631.jpg

The last set of pictures, i didnt make an exhaust, but i think i will because it is needed in 2 stroke. Sry, i dont know what happened but i scrambled them...i wanted to be in order but...i hope you "like" it for now. I will post a video if it starts, i only cranked it with my drill to see if it works.

SAM_1649.jpg

SAM_1650.jpg

SAM_1651.jpg

SAM_1653.jpg

SAM_1654.jpg

SAM_1655.jpg

SAM_1656.jpg

SAM_1657.jpg

SAM_1658.jpg

SAM_1659.jpg

SAM_1660.jpg

I hope it works out for you. I like it, and it will certainly be something to be proud of if you can get it to run. I doubt I could make an I.C. engine without a mill and lathe, I struggle enough with the proper tools.

I hope it works out for you. I like it, and it will certainly be something to be proud of if you can get it to run. I doubt I could make an I.C. engine without a mill and lathe, I struggle enough with the proper tools.

Thank you Cogsy for your reply, i hope it starts too or else my work is :fan: :D (hours and hours of sweat, anyways the schematics i made in layout 3 didnt match the real thing, i couldnt be precise with hacksaw and files, so i had to recalculate everytime depending of what dimensions were the final pieces).
It will be hard to start it because i didnt calculate the volumetric efficency, the carburetor seems to me its a bit crappy (but if it atomizez the fuel im happy), with no reed valve it can spoil the whole project. I only have idle on it because it doesnt need more, for the materials are somewhat bad for 3000 rpm or more.
Today i want to paint it and make some sort of cooling system from a PC fan, maybe i will make a shape out of it, it looks like old metals bolted together (and the truth is they are somehow bits and pieces of metal assambled with nails, but for now the interior is important and starting it).

I will make a video with me trying to start it, but i didnt find any piezo with battery like in video, it seems they dont sell them anymore, i was hoping today i make the electrical part but the seller told me they are discontinued more or less...i will search harder for it.

If you can give me a small advice, how to give the fuel to the carb., let gravity do the work or vapors (like a vaccum directly from a jar), because i dont trust this carb i made.

Thank you, Giuliano

Some insulating tape and some red and black spray paint, looks like :hDe: but its nicer than before. ;D

SAM_1661.jpg

SAM_1663.jpg

Latest posts

Back