1/6 Galloway build Questions

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zneb

Reaction score
Hi to all, I'm building a 1/6 scale Galloway and still need some advice .On the mixer, how do you know how deep to drill in some locations.Is the needle valve going to leak without some sort of packing? Where does the needle valve port come out in the body? In the Taper from the 1/4-40 tape drill or in the center of the hole where the valve goes through.I feel stupid but I can't seem to pick up this info from the mixer drawing. Any help would be welcome...I have built the 1/6 scale Galloway but it has a different mixer. Thanks Gary H

Which hole depths don't you know?

Put a bit of packing into the hex nut that screws onto the doubel ended 5-40 nipple, this will compress arround the thread and seal it.

The fuel hole should be mid way down the angled seat for the valve.

Build of my 1/3rd carb here http://modelengineeringwebsite.com/Galloway_12.html

IMAG2020_zpsaabb02a2.jpg

I thank you for the photo .I got it right .After looking at everything I got it figured out .I drilled my hole yesterday and Mine looks just like your photo.Next I'm waiting for a tap and a die for the 1/4-40 threads.I've been trying to find a size for cutting the threads with the die .the drill for the tap is a #1 drill but no where does it show what size to turn to use for the die...Have a great day everyone, GH

1/4" dia is what you want for the OD.

Latest posts

Back