1/4 Scale Cirrus.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lantain1982

Reaction score
Hello All, This is my first posting to the this group. I thought you may be interested that I am at the stage of the final fit-up of my Cirrus 4 cylinder aero engine. It has taken some 18months to reach thus far. Much of the time spent was making swarf as no castings were used. All machined from solid stock. The plans used were from Stricly I. C. magazine which I found to be well detailed.
Electronic ignition is being used. This is my second engine, the first being a Bentley BR2 which has been running for the last couple of years. This project has been less stressfull with only 4 cylinders and related components to worry about.
Will keep you posted.
Bill C. Australia.

Welcome Bill. Got any pictures for us?

Hi Bill,

Do you have a Lantaine lathe? I have a rebadged Lantaine - a G.W. Healey lathe.

I'd say welcome aboard but I'm new here too... :)

Regards,
Dinkum

As Herb and Dinkum said.....Welcome!!

It's a great group of guys and gals and you'll like it here.
We love pictures! we really like seeing others work...did I mention we love pictures? ;D

I would suggest a photo host like photobucket when your so inclined....much easier.

In any case. Welcome!

Dave

Hi Bill, welcome from the UK too.

I have a Bentley well under way but currently sadly lacking in input on my part - look forward to seeing yours and the Cirrus too especially as you have machined it from solid

Ramon

Hello Dinkum,
Many thanks to you and others for the welcome. Yes, my lathe is a Lantaine, model 350 B.
Purchased new in 1982 and still maintains its original precision. Its done a lot of work during its life.
I will post some photos of my engines as soon as I have mastered "PhotoBucket"
Bill C.

Back