YACGCSFLMS (Yet Another Case of Great Customer Service from LMS)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleazey

Reaction score
I placed an order 6 days ago (Sunday) with Little Machine Shop for some miscellaneous tooling and shop accessories. It arrived Thursday, and being as I was not at home, my wife signed for the package.

Unfortunately, it appeared that the box had been used as the game ball in the hard-fought final game of the UPS Rugby Tournaments, since it was pretty battered. It wasn't even rectangular anymore, more of a rounded shape.

One edge of the box had been completely split open, and its 8" length had been taped shut across the split with one piece of clear packing tape. It would have been better to tape it along the length of the split too, because the openings above and below the tape allowed one of the items within to slither away.

I sent an email late Thursday night. Early Friday afternoon, I got an email saying my replacement item would be shipped out Monday morning. Since their website had been down for 2 days, I gave them a call. I was relieved when the cheerful receptionist answered. I explained the problem, (which she was already aware of), and she said the replacement had actually been shipped out already, and an email would follow with the tracking number. And, "Would you please hang on to the damaged box for 5 business days, as evidence in case UPS needs to see it?" (It's now sitting on a top shelf in my study, just in case).

Friday evening I got the email as promised, with the tracking number for the replacement.

Thanks very much LMS!

Thats great. Grizzly could learn from LMS. I'm having a terrible time with them.

Ron

I have had similar issues with both LMS and Grizzly.
In both situations the vendors responses were quite
positive.

Ron, if Grizzly isn't responding to your issues please forward
all the pertinent information to me via PM or email.
I'd be happy to rattle a few chains to keep them honest.

Rick

Thanks Rick,

I will PM you later today.

Ron

Back