• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Small lathe (Grizzly, HF, etc)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datosi81

Reaction score
Looking for a small beginner lathe about 7 x 12ish size. At this point, I figure looking for a good deal on a used lathe may be my best bet, especially if I can get something that will already come with some tooling. If not, I'm leaning toward a grizzly 7x12. I picked up a g8689 mini mill from them about 6 weeks ago and am pleased with it so far!

Thank you,
Darrell

It would be helpful to post a location. IIRC a mini lathe pushes the limits of UPS shipping. It can be done. Also how far are you willing to travel for pickup.
Tin

Good point Tin, sorry about that! lol
I'm near Scranton PA. I would be willing to travel about 3 hours or so, would depend on the lathe and deal. Thanks!

Home shop machinist has a coupon for 7x 10 mini latheFrom harbor frieght for $399
Tin

That's exactly what I saw today and said "hell with it".
So got it in the garage and mostly cleaned up so far. Ive read some good and some bad on this lathe, but I believe at this point it's gonna serve my needs just fine.

Now I just need some time off from work or school to play with this thing! Lol

Latest posts

Back