works in progress question.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobby

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Does a project introduced into the "works in progress" section, have to be a model engine?

Are we allowed to post any kind of model engineering project, like a static model of a machine tool, or something along that lines?

Does it have to be an engine only.
Because I don't want to break any rules, by posting a model project of something other than an engine.

If it's engines only, I'm OK with that, I just want to know, so as to not overstep any boundaries, in this very well put together forum.

Thankyou.

Hobby

There have been model machine tools posted before, I for one am happy to see them. There is one guy currently keeping us posted on his progress with a doll-house ..... so I guess if there is a rule, it's a pretty lax one!

Joe

Hobby.

We changed the name from "Engine of the Month" to "Project of the Month" hopefully allowing members to nominate and vote on MODEL ENGINEERING projects such as boilers etc. IMHO a model machine tool fits right in. Not so sure about static if you mean nothing moves or works i.e. a sculpture.

Best Regards
Bob

To my way of thinking, anything in the vain of model engineering would be quite acceptable in the "works in progress" area. While it's always fun to see new engines being born, almost any model project that contributes to the knowledge pool and shares safe and usable tricks or techniques is normally welcomed.

Steve

We do have a "Tools" section. Wouldn't that be a good place for tooling projects?
I just mean, if a person were looking for tooling projects, it would seem the logical place.

Dean

Maryak said:
We changed the name from "Engine of the Month" to "Project of the Month" hopefully allowing members to nominate and vote on MODEL ENGINEERING projects such as boilers etc. IMHO a model machine tool fits right in. Not so sure about static if you mean nothing moves or works i.e. a sculpture.

Best Regards
Bob

Well I'll be... I never look at those other sections since I haven't been building
model engines. Only been reading Questions, Tools, and Tips. Guess i should
re-read the titles, maybe something else has changed. :)
...lew...

Thanks guys for the replies, to my question.

No, I wouldn't even think about putting any kind of tooling project in that section, tool projects belong to the tools and machine mod. sections, I agree.

What I'm talking about is model machine tools, like miniature mechanical models, like you see in the craftsman ship museum under model engineering, where people make models of different tools and such.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

hobby said:
What I'm talking about is model machine tools, like miniature mechanical models, like you see in the craftsman ship museum under model engineering, where people make models of different tools and such.
I think those little machines are very interesting, and I'd love to see a build of one, even if they're just models.

You are quite welcome to post a WIP thread of a model lathe mill shaper ect.
Stuff like building houses and full sized dune buggies should go in the break room.
Tin

Latest posts

Back