Working on a Cheap CAM program for use with ProgeCAD or AutoCAD

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf2qd

Reaction score
I have been working on a VBA application that runs inside ProgeCAD or AutoCAD that helps write CNC code as you select eh elements to add and make a few descisions along the way. Is there anyone out there who might be interrested in playing with it?

At the present time it is basically 2D with the ability to create the code for the lines an arcs and also manually enter code (Z moves, alter a line setup codes...)

If anyone is interrested please let me know -

Pete

Pete,
I wrote some similar code many years ago in LISP that does much the same thing. I think that I originally wrote it for ACAD 9 but have used it on everything up to ACAD 2004, which was the last version of ACAD that I have. It has been used to program a variety of machining centers, laser cutters and CNC mills. Currently in use running ACAD 12 into a Bridgeport Boss 8 CNC. I think it currently has 18 commands in it.

If you are fluent in LISP, you might want to look it over. I can email a copy to you. After almost 20 years of use, most of the bugs have been worked out, but I have to admit that the code is not very neat and not well commented.

Gail in NM

I wrote an AutoCAD VBA macro that exports Mach3 compatible g-code. Works with polylines, circles, and 3D polylines.
Does G83 Peck drilling.
Circular pockets.
Cutter compensation.
Multiple passes.
Multiple selection methods.
Assign machining properties to entities.
Free!!

Edit: It only works in 2002 and newer.

http://home.comcast.net/~cncwoodworker/AC2GC.html

Gerry

Latest posts

Back