What is it?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

That is brilliant sandy. Very very helpful. I have some copper sheet 0.083 inch thick that I can make the two end plates with. I have found some plans of simple boilers that I will scan and upload for you to take a look at if you don't mind. I have done a bit of silver soldering and as this will be my first attempt at a boiler I would like to keep it as simple a possible. I'll try to upload the plans later if I get time.

Cheers

Hi

This is what I have found.

boiler3.jpg

boiler4.jpg

The "porky" is what I have in mind. It sounds to be reasonably efficient and within my capabilities as a first boiler. What do you think?

Cheers

ianjkirby, I'll bow to your knowledge, I'm no expert on boilers but we had a member of the local club who used the wrong type of copper for the fire tubes and the tubes collapsed under steam, it's worth investigating before building to save ones self a lot of trouble. A collapsed tube isn't necessarily dangerous, but it is a *****. I just like to see people build boilers not bombs.

Hi

I'm going ahead with the making of this small boiler but I think it best if I start a new post in the " A WORK IN PROGRESS " section where it will be easier to find. See you over there.

Cheers

Back