Well what did Santa bring you ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvd1940

Reaction score
I got a Logan 8" shaper, more tools to make chips outa big chunks of metal ;>)))
Merry Christmas all.

Bison 5C Set Tru collet chuck.
Collets up to .75 by 1/32" increments
;D ;D
Stan

Nothing this year... :-\

But apparently i have to buy the wife a Dyson vacuum cleaner tomorrow.... ???

Oh well i will make up for it during the year!

What we did do was send money to Plan Canada to help out families in Africa that have nothing.
Ethical gift giving for this year! ;D

Andrew

i got an engagement ring from my soon to be wife ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

merry christmas to all and all the best in the new year.

chuck

chuck foster said:
i got an engagement ring from my soon to be wife ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
merry christmas to all and all the best in the new year.
chuck

Ah, bravo to both of you. Call me a softie, but it's just what is most important.

take very good care of your future wife,
tom in MA

Shaper that is nice one: several Years back My wife allowed me to get a South Bend lathe out of general funds that Christmas my wife tapped a ribbon to the lathe and and a note next to it . that year I made her brass candlestick on the lathe.
steve set true collets are nice and 5c is handy.

an engagement ring unusual for a guy reverse psychology ?

The son and I still have to fing a stero for the wife when she decides what she wants ;D ;D ;D

As for what I got nothing machine related but there are things on shopping lists.

what I did get the wife and son bought me walnut furniture for the soft air/arsoft Tommy Gun and a new cooling pad for the laptop. I plugged it in and it is so quiet I thought the motors were not running.

rabbit soon to come out of the oven .
Tin

Congrats to all!

One year I "had" to buy my wife a Mele vacuum! I initially refused to buy my wonderful wife a vacuum for Christmas but she pointed out "Are you buying a gift for me or for you?"......I bought it!

Congrats Chuck!

Dave

HI all well still no mill under the xmas tree for me :-[

I got my 15 yr old grandson for a week from the balmy Minnesota lakes to make engines with me, and he gets a tiny R/C helicopter model (Blade Scout) to fly and take home, along with the Elmer Wobbler he will be making.
I wonder which costs less, his food for a week, or an airplane ticket across the country?

Well I got my new mill last month so I guess that was my early Christmas present.
Actually my boys got me an updated GPS and a new computer monitor so I made out quite well this year.
gbritnell

A 120gb SSD drive and 16gb of DDR3 ram to go in the new computer I have built.

It's now running faster than I can cope with, the brain cells can't keep up. 15 seconds from post to ready to run programs with Windows 7.

I've got to do something to take my mind off not being able to get in the shop.

John

Well I got to go to work at 5am, got dragged from my office to do a job that no one else had the qualifications to do, run and airleg and rockdrill for 6 hours. Lucky me. After my 12hour shift I got 2 hours off before I had to go into night shift for 5hours to take some photos of the underground workers at the underground Christmas tree, then complete a truck assessment so the chap could drive on his own. I do get to go home tonight. YAY!
Happy Holidays

Brock

My good wife bought me a Kobo e-reader, one of the "electronic books" similar to a Kindle. I have already downloaded Diana Gabaldons latest book "The Scottish Prisoner" and am well into another great adventure with Jamie Fraser.----Brian

Ol' S.Claus seems to have developed a clock fetish this year - I ended up with three wall hangers! ;D

I got two 1Kg fire extinguishers.
Does Santa know something I don't ???

Cheers,
Phil

Santa got me a Black & Decker 20 volt cordless drill to debur holes. :big:

Dave

A blast cabinet! Now I need to find that little elf to put it together! ;D

Matt

A couple of hours with my 7 year old nephew in the workshop.

I know he enjoyed himself as he successfully got grubby, much to the frustration of his grandmother and then bored all the family for the rest of the day with his adventures.

As they say....priceless ;D.

Jo

Back