Welcome!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bill - I did notice that but the only recent pic I have has two mugs, mine and one full of Guinness, which I thought might not be protocol with safety and all of that. We'll find something more suitable.

LOL...well take some of your engines, etc. By the way I am a long time Sherline user too and love both the mill and lathe.

Bill

Cole,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hello all,

Rather then just looking at all the wonderful pieces of art on this site, I thought it best to introduce myself.
My name is Ron and I live in a town called Redhill in the UK.
I currently work for a Formula 1 team - McLaren - as a CNC grinder of which I have operated for around the past 15 years. Before this I worked in a small factory, on manual machines -which to me, is more satisfying - producing parts mainly for the aircraft industry (fighter plane parts), other defence work plus experimental work for some car manufacturers.
I will be getting a delivery Monday/Tuesday of an Axminster lathe and mill plus some other goodies to go in my garage, soon to be called "The shop"!!, then hopefully I will start on something easy to begin with.
I am going for voluntary redundancy by November when I intend to have at least a year off of work. There is a reason for this redundancy which I could explain another time. As for tools and material, that is also another story.
I think that's enough rambling for now!

Ron.

Not sure if I am doing this correctly but hopefully this pic of my work machine will show up here!

IMG_0094.JPG

wEc1 to the forum Ron.

I'm sure you will like it here.

Regards
Gordy

Ron,

Welcome aboard. wEc1

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Regards,

SAM

Ron,

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Ron, we'd all enjoy hearing about your tooling etc. It's never a dull (bad pun) subject around here. As you more than likely have already figured out, we all LOVE pictures. They tell stories that can not be put into words. Again, WELCOME.

BC1
Jim

Cole and Ron, Welcome, this is a great forum, lots of very good people, and good information. larry

Hi everybody, I'm pretty new to this site, I've been uploading some stuff I've been modeling in Inventor.
I live in Las Vegas, I'm an unemployed structural sign designer, CWI. If you have been to Vegas you
have seen some of my work, Caesars Palace Pylon sign, New York New York Pylon sign etc..
Hopefully I'll get a job soon so I can buy a Smity 3 in 1 machine so I can join you in the machining world.
I have a long history in the welding field, just never had the opertunity to do machining, looks like a
lot of work and fun.

Hi all,

I fell in love with this place when I saw the "Show us your lathe" thread, so here is my obligatory meet-n-greet.

I am a career electronics hobbyist, restoring vintage vacuum tube stuff but now want to follow in my late father's footsteps: he was a machinist all his life, specializing in making aircraft parts for a living (special alloys and metals) and he left me an Atlas and Shopmaster as well as literally a ton of other tools, so I now plucked up the courage to learn about lathes, how to use them, their various functions and modes etc. I have already discovered the belt transmission and what I call the "auto-incrementor" that moves the cutting tool down the piece, via a side gear that moves the screw drive that runs the length of the lathe. Even though I am a Newbie I figured the best way to learn is from you guys and hope you have patience with me as I ask questions when the manuals and internet aren't clear enough. See you around.

Cheers,

b-n-60hz

bn60hz.

We believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question, so ask away. :D

You too like machines that run at a logical value of a circle ???

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome, 60hz. What kind of projects are you considering?

Regards,
Rudy

Latest posts

Back