Webster 4 cycle 2013 edition

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadianhorsepower

Reaction score
Hi gang, Happy Knew year to all of you. As you can see in my back ground I've been building more robots :cool:lately then engine.
I was going to start the cam and crank ginding tool but my heart is kicking
towards an IC project.
What I had planed for was a Wedster 4cycle on gas BUT adding more feature to it.
1: would be oil pump for lubrification
2: water cooled with a small rad
3: electric fan with temp control to fan
4: electronic ignition
5: electronic tach all led's
in a wooden case.
I know that these Webster are a religion and woudn't want to change this with my personal Idea of a 2013 engine
would this be accepted or rejected

I think its great.
I have just started one as my second engine. planning on doing much the same as you are.
minus the tach/temp control fan and oil pump (how would you accomplish that with an open crank?.

.......Now that you have accessorized the Webster.....you want to change it how exactly?:)

Luc

what's the point of building an engine if you can't do it the way you want. If you don't believe me look at my Upshur single

Art

I think its great.
I have just started one as my second engine. planning on doing much the same as you are.
minus the tach/temp control fan and oil pump (how would you accomplish that with an open crank?.
Hi using a hall sensor for the ignition I can use that same signal for my tach input. But instead of using seven segment display
I was going to use clear 3mm leads ( keep it discreet) the first led for every 1.000 rpm would be blue, and then green then yellow,
orange and red for the next 250 rpm.

As for the water temp and fan a simple temp sensor sink to ground acting as a voltage divider
when the temp is reach it would drive a transistor (2n3904) and the fan ( a small PC fan)would come on and off

As for the oil pump, I was planning to take the pump of a small chainsaw carburetor(of course I would remove the rest of the body)
I could use a pressure pulse right from the cylinder close to BDC where you have a pressure and vacuum wave. The oil would go thru
small copper line but the oil reservoir would be of acrylic so we can see the oil being returned to the tank

think it would be awesome

Back