Watt's atmospheric engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvernd

Reaction score
I would like to model Watt's first engine. Is there a kit or plans or even an article that I could use.

silvernd

From memory, there was a series of articles in Model Engineer 25 or so years ago. I'll do a search of the index later.

That might be the series I'm thinking of Dave - is he the one that made all the little bricks?

If you do go for the Sussex steam Newcomen engine be warned I know two people that have built it an neither can get it to run. Both have required parts replaced due to parts been made wrong due to parts of the instructions been unclear.

Saying that the second one is still being tweaked with and we are hopeful he will get it running.

Yes, Tel. The very same - and thousands of 'em.

I have seen the models; they are truly impressive. Look at a close up photo of them out of their glass cases and you would not realise they are models. They are large -too big to sit on your grand piano!

The brick making machine looks pretty basic from the outside, but what it produces is indistinguishable from the real thing.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Back