Warco WM180 motor control

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeng2000

Reaction score
I am trying to find information about the motor control circuit board fitted to my Warco WM180 lathe. The user speed control on the front of the lathe used to take the chuck speed down to zero as suggested by the speed selection label however now I can not reduce the speed below 200rpm.

There are two preset potentiometers on the cct board, one for min revs and the other for max. The min rev setting is at the lower limit of rotation so there is no more adjustment available.

The information I have from the circuit board is that it is by Best Control Inc (Taiwan) and is a BC 2000TA DC motor control board.

I have in the past asked Warco if they would supply me with information about setting up the motor control board but to no avail. It seems a bit over the top to take the lathe back to them or to call them out for a service call to adjust a nominally working machine.

Some while ago I used the lathe to wind the solenoid coils for my ME Clock but I couldn't now as it runs too fast.

John

Back