Using Harold Hall’s Deluxe Grinding Table and jigs

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucketn

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
With the help of my buddy Todd, I have completed Harold Hall’s Deluxe Grinding Table as described in his books. I have also completed the lathe tool jig and round tool jig and will make the drill jigs when I return from vacation.
If you have built this table, I would like to see pictures/descriptions of your set ups and how you use your table. I have not completed my setup yet. I purchased a new bench grinder and replaced the standard grey wheels with a diamond cup for carbide and a white aluminum oxide straight cup for HSS. The guards over the standard wheels need to be modified to cover the new cups, and my table needs to be mounted, so I have not used the table or grinder yet.
I am also interested in seeing any methods of mounting a diamond dressing tool on the table to dress the white wheel. Todd kindly gave me a diamond dresser that is mounted on a ½” dia. x 1 ½” shank and I need to design and build a jig for it.
I am not the greatest machinist in the world, and I started this table early in my experience level, so the fit and finish isn’t pretty. When I visit Todd the next time, I hope to have him grind the parts of the table and my attempts at tool jigs, and when that’s done, I’ll post pictures.
In the mean time, I hope to see lots of pictures and techniques posted here so myself and others can learn from them, so TIA!
Chuck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back