Unread Posts Problem

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old-biker-uk

Reaction score
Looks like I have a problem :(
If I 'show unread posts' I end up with the same few old threads every time, also my 'time logged on' is less than on the Home page.
I have tried to correct this by logging out & back in again, but no luck.
Any suggestions ??
Mark

That's a new one for me Mark.

I will look into it.
One question, are you logging on from more than one computer?

Rick

I have a problem when I check them on my iphone, and do not get a chance to read them all, and then check them on my laptop, the unread messages no longer show up.

Dale

My problem (at least this one :)) seems to have gone away. I knew that if I ignored it for a while it might give up annoying me and go elsewhere.
Mark

I have a similar problem to Dale, in that when I check for unread posts since last visit, its fine, but if I have to leave before I have read ALL the unread posts, the next time I look, they don't get selected and presented as unread. If however I go to the individual threads, they are clearly labelled 'new'. This is not life-threatening, but it would be nice if they could remain unread until they are actually opened.
Regards, Ian Kirby.

ianjkirby said:
I have a similar problem to Dale, in that when I check for unread posts since last visit, its fine, but if I have to leave before I have read ALL the unread posts, the next time I look, they don't get selected and presented as unread. If however I go to the individual threads, they are clearly labelled 'new'. This is not life-threatening, but it would be nice if they could remain unread until they are actually opened.
Regards, Ian Kirby.

Same thing happens to me.

I don't have an answer for you gentlemen.

This is a Simple Machines software issue.
I DO like what their software allows us, but there
will always be a few bugs.

I will research it further.

Rick

Hi Rick,
I like the software too, largely, but the issue I mentioned, if it could be modified, would make it easier to navigate the board. Thanks for offering to look into i, but please don't make it your life's goal - its just not that important!
Regards, Ian Kirby.
Wollongong NSW Australia

Latest posts

Back