Trying lost wax casting

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanks for sharing that.

great tutorial.

are those corn cob moulds? for baking corn?

kustomkb said:
thanks for sharing that.

great tutorial.

are those corn cob moulds? for baking corn?

It's an iron corn BREAD baking pan. Granny used one in her kitchen when I was just a little boy.

ghart3 said:
If buying ingots, have read silicon bronze is good choice. Also have heard brass boat props are good for casting. Sorry, not much help.
Gary

Boat props are supposed to be bronze, not brass, however one reason to scrap a prop is de-zincafication due to electrolitic action in seawater. I doubt that they loose all of the zinc but there could be doubt as to the actual composition.

Jerry

Great documentation and those castings look perfect, I don't know about the graphite but recently I bought some graphite rods, in 2 different diameters from a goldsmiths suppliers that apparently are used for stirring the molten metal

good work!

Giles

If you guys want a good read on investment casting. Strictly I.C. issue No. 56
Bruce Satra writes a nice article on the process. Name of the article...."More Wisdom on tapping and The Process of Lost Wax Casting."

I know I read somewhere in the letter to editors, Mr Washburn stated all the magazines are on microfilm.

Back