TouchDRO with HF Calipers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucketn

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
Has anyone had sucess getting cheap HF Calipers working with TouchDRO and the Arduino?
I have sucessfully read the HF calipers with my Arduino, now wanting to get it to work with TouchDRO. I found a sketch online that worked. I had to build a level shifter using 2n2222A transistors and resistors.
Yes, I could buy iGaging scales and the 'other' microprocessor, but I don't have the budget for that.
Chuck

I think I have found my problem. My tablet, a ASOD Android sux at Bluetooth. I installed a 'fix bluetooth' app today and it will connect to my Android BT module. Once.
I also got Blue Term app to connect and display the data stream. Once.
But, it doesn't stay connected.
Is anyone using Yuriy's TouchDRO with an Amazon Fire ?

Chuck

I ordered and received a better Android tablet. The new one has Bluetooth 4.0.
I loaded TouchDRO and so far it is connecting and re-connecting to the Android BT module reliably. Now, I'm having difficulty calibrating the x axis. I have watched Yuriy's video on axis calibration many, many times and I must be missing something. I can only get the x axis to agree with the caliper output within 4 to 4.5 thou. Can someone that has successfully calibrated the TouchDRO axis please write me a step by step to follow? I am using the actual caliper I'm getting the data from and 2 ea. 1-2-3 blocks bolted together with a stagger so I can zero the caliper on 2" and measure the 1" thickness. I am using 10000 as the starting cpi as I am measuring 1" travel. Or, should I be measuring the 3" side and just closing the caliper to get 3" travel?
I'm doing it this way to try to prove the system before mounting the scales on my lathe.

Chuck

Back