Tools I have made

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb218

Reaction score
Tap Handle, Made body and used a General tap handle for the jaws and handle, made for both sizes and used a piece of teflon under the screw heads to provide a friction to hold in collet of milling machine. I am lazy and this save me cranking the mill knee down by a couple of inches.

Scribing tool is nice when scribing circles on items that has a hole in the center, used for maybe laying out a face O-ring groove. chucking sleeve is .500 dia and the head that holds the sleeve on is .490 dia. Also in the stem is a Ball and spring that rubs the bar and keeps tension for easy sliding, then lock with lockscrew. Slide bar is 3/8 diameter with a flat ground on side to keep it from rotating. Head on this version has the bar hole EDM the first one I made the head was 2 pieces to create the flat . Use in either the mill or lathe chuck to hole the tool.

Ruler tools is made is sets of 2, I have scribe tips and the Ball tips. Ball tips are good for finding center to center distances, or scribing with a hole being the one center. Edge is in line with center line of scribber hole. I made the body from 1 piece and silver sodered the tops on them, then made the Knurled screws.
;)

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

Looks like you are ready to build an engine.

John

I just finished my 3rd, it is in the photo section, a Gerry's style beam that I scaled up 1.5 times. Nothing as nice as most on this site but I am happy with the result. Did you build the Helicopter?
Mike

I just finished my 3rd, it is in the photo section, a Gerry's style beam that I scaled up 1.5 times. Nothing as nice as most on this site but I am happy with the result. Did you build the Helicopter?
Mike

Mike: I like your beam engine, it looks very very nice.
I have only made engines from castings, nothing from scratch. On my list of things I would like to try is a beam engine and a scratch built engine and what you built is both, very nice.
I did build the helicopter from a kit. I have built several but this one was a challenge as it did not come with instructions.

John

Latest posts

Back