Tiny inline 4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hacklordsniper

Reaction score
A friend, brilliant old school machinists that builds racing engines in his workshop, builds his own tools and machines and repairs things nobody knows started a engine build. After i started the Jan Ridders Debbie (which is scrapped and abandoned now) he wanted to build a mini engine this winter. I got him Burleigh machine plans that he did not like because the engine is too small challenge for him but decided to make it. He is changing the design to make the engine more reliable which its no doubt he will succeed. Actually he wanted to build a V12 but simply does not have free time for "math" and making engine on paper.

He does not have much free time and needs to do all the math from imperial to metric so its a slow build. He built the distributer, pistons, and piston rods for now.

Here is a sneak-peak of one piston, i hope he will not mind. Il update the engine progress as it continues

fotografija.JPG

1 CM long?

Yes by looking the micrometer paper template it is. I cant really discuss the details before i ask him because he changed many details in the engine and second he decided to built this engine really really small.

Back