Thanks for the welcome

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAG007

revtim
Reaction score
I have been a covert member for a while and and glad to have received a site email encouraging me out of the shadows.

I'm another Aussie, 1.5 hours SW of Sydney (Bowral) and have just finished restoring a Super 7. (I would be most grateful if anyone has plans for a rear tool post for parting off)

Ill try to submit some pics.

Im retired and looking forward to making a stationary steam engine or two.

Cheers to all.
Tim

DSC_0340.jpg

I don't know anything about Myfords, but I do know nice work when I see it!

GOOD JOB

Regards, TC

I'm another Aussie, 1.5 hours SW of Sydney (Bowral) and have just finished restoring a Super 7. (I would be most grateful if anyone has plans for a rear tool post for parting off)

Tim

Hi Tim

I'm running a restored Super7B and a ML10 and suggest that the best rear parting tool is the one which appeared in Volume142 of Model Engineer and later in Model Engineers Workshop Manual by G.H.Thomas.

The castings are available from Hemingwaykits in the UK but it can be made up from 'bits and pieces'.

I am aware that there are 'other' designs- for the Myford ie Bradley and one in Chris Heapy's www. Easyweb site. but the GHT one is vastly superior.

I do have one carved out of solid on the 10 and made up a fabricated one to Marin Cleeves design in ME way back in the Dark Ages- both inverted blades but - well?????

Being retired these last 32 years, I hope your retirement will be as enjoyable.

Cheers- from the real Newcastle:thumbup:

Norman

thanks for the references and best wishes Norman Ill follow them up.
I grew up in my late father's superbly equipped metal workshop which produced 5" live steam. Unfortunately the machinery had to be sold off, so the 7 is a rather nice sentimental reminder.
I went the way of model aircraft and boats (see pics) but now look forward to resuming metal.
Many thanks again.
Tim

DSC_0163 (1).jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

Welcome Tim. Good to see another Aussie around here.

Latest posts

Back