Tell me you wouldn't cry

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justlesh

Reaction score
I took a day off work today just to get some shop time and needed rest from the overtime of my job. It was pretty productive till this. I am pretty fluent in trig and knew I had plenty of meat as not to break thru with the lower case mounting screws. Well, I forgot to take into account the undercuts around the coverplates in the middle and both ends :-[. I would prolly drink a beer If I drank. This slowed my motivation for the day anyway. Now I have to decide if I'm firing up the welder of resorting to a plug. How might you go about it? I'm open minded.
Les Holt

Holt motor.jpg

holtmotor1.jpg

Les,

Bummer. :(

I would be inclined to use epoxy and then hand dress it after a couple of weeks to get it fully set.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Bob

Oh it really didn't get to me, as soon as I seen the hole I had the calculator in hand to figure out the mistake and as soon as I looked at the print I knew what I did. Already welded on 1 of the lifter bore bosses, guess a little more wont hurt. I really concidered epoxy and may still do it if I decide to paint when done. The second lifter bore from the left has been welded. Heres a pic of how it turned out

holtmotor4.jpg

Yes that would make me cry,
Glad you can save it though.

Latest posts

Back