Tearing the walls out

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kermit

Finally have the place ready to put back together. I had to wait several weeks for all the wood to dry out completely and then I used expanding foam(from the aerosol can) to cement and insulate the drip pan of the AC unit in place. I had originally just cleaned and repositioned the sheet metal pan and called it good. The water stayed in it and the drain hose took it away, just like it is supposed to. However, like a large glass of ice tea on a hot summer day; condensation formed on the bottom of the pan and then dripped off of that into the fiberglass insulation and from there into the sheet rock.

Not much to see, but I took some pics nonetheless.

IMG_0010sm.jpg

IMG_0011sm.jpg

IMG_0012sm.jpg

I cut up a piece of the hardwood into some sample size pieces and we tried several different stains and finishes. The wife fell in love with the amber shellac(4 coats). So that's what we'll be using. ;D

IMG_0009sm.jpg

If you have sharp eyes you might even notice that the lathe bench is now completely painted and only needs the drawer fronts and handles attached. Won't be long till I'll be making a mess of useless parts and piles of swarf to lose them in.

Kermit

Hey Kermit,

Looking good....I remember my "flood"....it took months to put things back together....Keep at it ....it ends eventually! ::)

Back