Taps

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvom

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was visiting the shop of a friend/machinist whom I respect a great deal. He was moving shop and packing his stuff for the movers. He showed me a "trick" that he says can save a good deal of time. He has separate T-handle tap wrenchs with all of the threads he normall used in a wooden block holder ready to go (about 6 in all). No need to look for a tap and then fiddle with the regular tap wrench.

Seems like an excellent idea. I'm going to order 3 for 5-40, 6-32, and 8-32 taps, which are the ones I use mostly.

Not a bad idea if you a constantly using a limited number of sizes -the 87 I'd need doesn't really seem to be a proposition tho'.

Kirk,
What I use are M&M tubes

each size has three taps, tap drill bit and clearance drill

09-02-2007 005.jpg

09-02-2007 006.jpg

kvom said:
I was visiting the shop of a friend/machinist whom I respect a great deal. He was moving shop and packing his stuff for the movers. He showed me a "trick" that he says can save a good deal of time. He has separate T-handle tap wrenchs with all of the threads he normall used in a wooden block holder ready to go (about 6 in all). No need to look for a tap and then fiddle with the regular tap wrench.

Seems like an excellent idea. I'm going to order 3 for 5-40, 6-32, and 8-32 taps, which are the ones I use mostly.

I like it, my woopie doo collection of small taps, well 2 that is now rest in pleasant comfort.

tapbox-a1.jpg

As with all others things, it has a home, not painting it Day-Glow orange :) at least not yet.

That is great georgeseal :bow: My biggest problem would be putting the drills and taps back in the right tube when finished :wall:

Back