• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

taper reamer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dethrow55

Reaction score
i tryed to post this three time what up hmem???? i have a taper reamer not sure what the heck it for but its either a 1 or 2 free to a good home just like a puppy dog must pay shipping or drag it home. more details upon request.....god bless hmem.

Don't worry D, it seems like people on here don't like to be given things.

I have a workshop full of things to give away or sell off very cheaply as I am updating a lot of things, but people just aren't interested, or they can't be bothered to travel small distances to pick things up.

I won't bother again.

John

De as you may know typing on the internet is an absolutely awful way to communicate. But it is what we have at the moment. So you offer something for FREE, you guess it is a taper reamer, 1 or 2. Then 2 hours later seem insulted that you had no responses.

I am hoping that I missed something in that thread, that caused you to have such a reaction.

With this internet thing we have, you could type two words Taper Reamer, and have more information on taper reamers than any Library in the world. You could measure it to be certain the size # from 8/0 to 10, you could find out what the value is, and what they are used for.

Or #:mad:

I have a workshop full of things to give away or sell off very cheaply as I am updating a lot of things, but people just aren't interested, or they can't be bothered to travel small distances to pick things up.

If only you didn't live so far away John, I'd have paid you a visit already, just to get to see your collection of tooling and have a chat. 24 hours by plane is a bit much for me though. Maybe one day...

Al,

Up to about 5 or 6 years ago I used to take in many items, even largish machinery and bulk raw materials, like hessian sacks full of nuts and bolts from closed down factories that people had no use for any more and then I would distribute it for free amongst the needy from our fraternity. But storage became a major problem, just like now, only last week I had to purchase another outside storage box to keep all my bits and pieces in for my CNC project as I am having my house refurbished and there is no room for it all inside any more.

In my area, I have a couple of good friends that are in the same situation, between us we very rarely have to buy things like any sized nuts and bolts, bearings or raw materials, between us we can usually manage almost anything. This is how it used to be.

It seems like the art of sharing your excess for free has gone to the wall and some people nowadays just grab everything they can and expect the giver to ship everything for free, or no one takes up your offer because it is too much trouble for them to pick things up, hence I never post anything nowadays, if they can't pick it up, they don't get it. Gone are the days of sending things like RT table tailstocks and large lumps of PB through the mail to other parts of the world, just to help out a fellow model engineer.

The last thing I did like that was last year when I rebuilt and got working a Paddleducks engine for a new friend in Turkey after he took the trouble to send it to me and offered to pay all charges, which I didn't have the heart to take as he was on a very tight budget and restricted in his machining abilities and machinery. Because of that little bit of free help, and a bit of email instruction, he turned the corner and he has now become a very competant model engineer and has even asked my partner and myself to stay with him when we go to the Black Sea area this summer. This is what it always used to be like.

Sadly, those days are now far behind us.

John

Back