SX3 DRO

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saskford

Reaction score
I have a SX3 mill on order and have been looking at the different options to install a DRO on it. Has anyone installed the Sinpo 2 axis DOR on their X3? Here is a link to the unit I am looking at, http://bit.ly/c4VsTm.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Gary

Because of Cedge"s comments about the kit that he purchased, I got the same kit. Installed easily and works great.

John

I too got the same kit as Cedge, very easy to fit.

Still trying to get my head around the very badly written User Manual :mad:

Gordy

Gary
The quill is great for drilling, but it can introduce flex into the equation if you use it for milling to depth. I've gotten into the habit of using the Z dial, when milling, so things stay as rigid as possible. Thus, the need for the Z axis scale.

Don't get me wrong... that readout on the quill is a damned handy feature and I do use it for light milling from time to time.

Be careful not to let us sell you on what you need.... each user requirement is a little different, as are our approachs to how we get things done. Fit the machine to meet your specific needs and working style. I like the 3rd axis, but others have called it overkill.

Steve

P.S.... you won't regret going with the SX3....sweet machines!!

Cedge said:
Gary
The quill is great for drilling, but it can introduce flex into the equation if you use it for milling to depth. I've gotten into the habit of using the Z dial, when milling, so things stay as rigid as possible. Thus, the need for the Z axis scale.

Don't get me wrong... that readout on the quill is a damned handy feature and I do use it for light milling from time to time.

Be careful not to let us sell you on what you need.... each user requirement is a little different, as are our approachs to how we get things done. Fit the machine to meet your specific needs and working style. I like the 3rd axis, but others have called it overkill.

Steve

P.S.... you won't regret going with the SX3....sweet machines!!
Thanks for the info Steve. I expect that most of my work will be very light milling as my main interest is small engine models. I suppose one never knows where this hobby will lead them though.
Gary

Latest posts

Back