Swager design

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about just using epoxy for what you are doing ?
Tin

I thought about that, do you think it will hold? I'll try it first. I will also peen the shank of the button just to make sure. Thanks

I would think so the cable should be a rough enough surface as would be a drilled hole you may want to dip in acetone or alcohol to degrease clean the surfaces.
tin

Instead of countersinking the hole, I'm going to make a stepped hole for added roughness.
I'll report on my results.

if you countersink both sides and leave a little clearance you will have in effect a cast epoxy rivet with a steel cable reinforced core . Keep it simple should hold fine for what you are doing.
Tin

I epoxied the button to the cable like a spelter socket. It looks like this may work but I won't know till it's assembled and in use. I used devcon plastic metal. The package says its specifically for metal and it has a strength of 2600 lbs. I also found a catalog for the Crosby group. They rate the spelter/epoxy connection at 100% strength so maybe this will work.

Latest posts

Back