Steam Rally

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

My annual display at a steam rally is fast approaching.
If anyone wants to go, I have a pic of the flyer below.

I now need something.

Last year I cobbled together a small display board advertising the site. I think it was based around one that Tin used when he visited a fair (see below).

I would like this year to have a bit more of a professional look as the site has now grown immensely, and I am crap at graphics.

Can anyone help?

It needs to be standard paper size either A4 or US equivalent, and also I need some flyers to give out, say four strips to a page, just to give anyone interested a little info and the site address. I will print out a few of the posters and laminate them, they will be displayed in very prominent places.

Last year I managed to give away a few dozen CD copies of my piston valve engine build, so I am hoping this year someone will return to show me how they got on.

John

malpas.jpg

old poster.jpg

John:
Keep it simple. Since we went to the present site and Steve aka Cedge so kindly came up with a great logo for the board I just used that.
Place your mouse pointer on the logo right click then left click on save picture as. then select whre you want to save it as then print it out on a piece of photo paper size it for an 8 x 10 frame or your metric standard. IIRC it was easy.
I like using that because folks will recognize the logo when they sign in the first time and know they are at the right place.
Tin

John

You are just going to have a word with the organisers and get the date changed. I told you I was away on hols early September. Had a word with HWMBO and as I feared cancelling the holiday is not an option.

John S

Tin,

Already tried that, the resolution from the saved file is not good enough to blow up to the size I want. I could use it for printing out multi pic sheets for flyers, but that is about it.

John,

You think you've got problems.
I've got all my engines to polish up, with no bench to work on, and no buffer to use. I wish it was a fortnight later to give myself a bit of breathing space.

John

How about the HMEM logo centered on a page with photos of the engines-of-the-month, first-builds, fancy engines, cool tools and all surrounding it?

Throw some text on about first-timers to old-hands welcome. "Answers without the attitudes"?

I'd mock it up, but have to go polish myself up for a wedding... eek.

Shred,

You are talking to someone here that thinks Windows Paint is a high end CAD package, plus I have to wind my PC up with a key.

So, can anyone help me out with a much higher resolution of the site logo?

Surely someone on the admin team has one knocking about somewhere.

John

Shred & John,

Many, many thanks.

Those two images will do me just fine.

Thanks again

John

John
Sorry to have missed this discussion until now. Let me know how large a copy of the HMEM Logo you want. I have the original file on hand and can take it to "extremes" if needs be. PM me with the details and or ideas you're percolating.

Steve

Thanks very much for all your help gents.

Things will be great on the day. Just got to find all my engines now.

It will be very sparse on my stand again this year, the workshop rearrangement has stopped me getting any display stands done for this year, plus only a dozen or so engines.

Next year will be a lot better organised.

If I get a chance (didn't have much time to spend to myself last year) I will get a few more pics of the 'big' stuff.

John

Although doubtfull if many members would be going to this show, I will give the bad news anyway.

Due to the bad weather we have had for the last few weeks, the venue for the steam rally is too soft to take the weight of all the displays, so unfortunately for the first time ever, the rally has been cancelled.

John

I know it was a rush for you John in sorting out and shining up your engines but nevertheless its sad news about the cancellation of Malpas. I guess this continuous gloomy and wet weather is reaking havoc with hundreds of outdoor events this year. Ah well, lets hope for a return to normality next year and I will make sure my holiday dates don't clash again.

John S

Back