starting a jerry howell powerhouse

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesie

Reaction score
looking for help and or advise on getting a jerry howell powerhouse ic engine started. it has a hall pickup ignition and seems to be getting a good spark with plug out and resting on cly. it is firing at top dead and the exhaust is opening at bottom,tried using jerrys mix of 30 ach to 70 coleman and also st. colemans.i have it set to turn it over with a cordless drill, starting with air all the way open and the needle valve closed and open it as it is turning over but it will not fire,it has a throttle body designed by jerry, i have opened up the hole in the fuel spray bar to .028. i also but on a weaker spring on the intake valve, you can not see the intake valve open when it is being turned over. i do not know where to start with the air and fuel settings. ialso tried spraying starting fuel into the air intake and still not firing. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. will post a video if and when i get it running, started on a jerry howell farm boy so i need to get this one running thanks jonesie.

Back