Sometimes we forget to say "Thank you."

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kludge

Okay, I'm kind of in one of my more contemplative moods at the moment which may or may not be good. In any case, we all know things happen behind the scenes in IM-land that are Good Things but are rarely acknowledged.

To wit: Shred was kind enough to send me a fly cutter, and Mogogear is holding some Unimat accessories for me. To both of these gentlemen, I offer thanks for your kindness and thoughtfulness ... and your contributions to advancing my abilities in the hobby.

IM-land is also where problems have been resolved, questions answered, answers questioned, and I learned a bit more about the people here ... all good stuff, I might add. Too many names there for me to remember but you all know who you are. Again, thank you.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Best regards,

Kludge ... off to clean up more equipment

Once again, it's time to offer public thanks for what's not visible in the forum proper. Or improper, dependent on who's posting and what the subject is. :)

From Mogogear, I got new (to me) Unimat tools to make that machine even more versatile. So now I have a steady rest, a milling vise (which I kept forgetting to buy) and an indexer. (There were a few heavy rubber bands for which I already had a need so they were a "just in time" delivery. :))

And from Shadow, who'd already sent me a copy of HSM with the article on taps & dies, I now have a highly useful faceplate for the headstock that's moreso beefier than the one they sell, a couple more tools and an angle plate sized perfectly for the cross slide. (He has also contributed heavily to my supply of little plastic bags of uniform size to help keep things kind of in order.)

There are others contributing to my delinquency (or madness, dependent on POV) and I have no way to repay the generosity other than with my heartfelt thanks. I am truly blessed.

Best regards,

Kludge

It's Foozer's turn this time.

I recently received the motor he mentioned as well as some aluminum and stainless to play with, a bit of wire to connect things together and a pocket magnifying glass which I kind of need since my eyes aren't doing so good anymore.

Many much thanks, my friend. As with the others, I hope to be able to repay the generosity.

Best regards,

Kludge

Latest posts

Back