Something wrong with the way this forum looks

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loose nut

Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks the way my forum pages have been displayed has changed, There are no graphics, none at the top, no emoticons, even the little "new post" icons are gone. all of this has been replaced with text. Has something changed. I haven't made any changes to my computer, that I know about anyway.

hm I get that periodically. but refreshing the page it goes back to normal.
Tin

Loose nut, that normally happens when your own Internet link, or that of your service provider, is a bit slow or overloaded.
I get that at certain times of the day as well; but like Tin said, refreshing or trying a bit later does the trick.

Regards, Arnold

I also get that once in awhile, I now know what causes it, So thanks for posting the question.

Pete

Hadn't noticed it until just now, but Loose Nut is right.... no icons here either and I'm not on a slow connection. Just the default folder icons are showing for each thread heading.

Steve

Everything looks fine here. Tried both Firefox and IE8 on WinXP.

Also with Firefox on Linux. All look fine.

I have had on occasion a glitch that caused only text to show, but they have been very rare and a reload fixes it.

You guys might want to try clearing out the cache and temp files, usually found under the Tools -> Internet Options menu item.

I get the same thing occasionally, for no apparent reason. Then back to normal for no apparent reason. Something on the server end I'd guess...

Back to normal here

Steve

NO EMOTICONS - I wish...

On a similar topic, is there a way to have a button which jumps you to the"last unread" message in a stream? They have this on the MLU forum and it comes in quite handy when you don't have to scroll through several pages to find where you last read a stream.

thanks,

f

charlesfitton said:
On a similar topic, is there a way to have a button which jumps you to the"last unread" message in a stream?
thanks,

f

The oval "new" button at the end of each thread title will do just that.

Cheers

Jeff

So far nothing will fix it????? :( :eek: ???

P.S. I have no idea if these imoticons are actually showing because I can't see them.

Latest posts

Back