simple way to apply cutting liqued

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROB 123

Reaction score
I was drilling quite a few hole's today in alloy and was brushing some paraffin on the alloy but it was making a mess then I had the idea of using a syringe so I got one I had for filling ink cartridges with a long blunt needle it was so easy to just add a drop now and then .
thought i would pass this on.

Rob.

I do the same, it works very well for mini lathe/mill.

I use the 'Fastcap Glue-Bot' to dispense cutting fluid. I got one from the woodworking store and it really is nice. With the bottle upright, I can sueeze the sides and meter either a stream or drips out. Another advantage is being able to open the top and dip an acid brush for brush application.

I use 2 buckets one suspended on a ceiling joist, the other under the drip tray.

These pump and spray containers that you buy containing weedkiller are ideal for this purpose, hold up to 5 litres single shot or spray.

Hugh

Hi Rob
yet another twist on applying cutting fluid to the job in hand.

This is the setup I use it consists of a pump oil can, preferably a short dumpy one with a broad base.

Remove the spout and insert a "Pipe Cleaner" and snip off the end leaving 5 mm sticking out to act as a small brush.

See my not very good sketch.

Eric

View attachment Oiler.pdf

Back