Signing in

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John S

Reaction score
Made the move over from the HSM list where I had the dubious title of Sir John, Earl of Sudspumpwater.

I have a large interest in mechanical subjects and machine tools bit little in OT subjects hence the move over.

I have more than a passing interest in CNC machining and have some idea's on this that may be applicable to this group that I'd like to pursue in the future when I have found my way around.

I need to do a lot of catch up reading and see who's here.

Hope I fit in.

John
Welcome . Think you will enjoy it here. We stay pretty focused on model engine building but have a place for other related topics and a place to just shoot off some steam .
I think the difference you will see hear is that we strive for a respectful attitude and an open mind towards others opinions. we do not let the wolfs run loose here so to speak.
Think you will find more than a few familiar monikers that have spent time on the HSM board.
Again welcome and looking forward to you joining in.
Tin Falcon

John, you "clumsy bastid" (don't get excited folks, it's an in-joke), good to see you.

Nobody probably noticed, but I left HSM for the same reasons. As Tin indicates, you'll find this a much more comfortable and benign atmosphere here with a collection of sharp-eyed moderators who are dedicated to keeping both the wolves and the trolls at bay. You'll find it less production and fabrication oriented than HSM - more a model engineering venue - but with your expertise, there will be plenty of places to fit in.

We're really going to welcome your expertise. Welcome aboard.

Hello John

Welcome to HMEM
Very good to see you here!

Rick

To the great duke of earl, errrr sudspumpwater

Does this mean no more posting on HSM and your leaving the gang to argue in the minutia. Too bad you couldn't get Evan over...then again he does like to argue...right..wrong..or otherwise.

I'm interested in your development of the x3, etc and cnc in general. I'm also sure that I've learned more about machining from your post than you have forgotten about the trade....or is it the other way around...

That was supposed to be a compliment, I hope you keep up the great posts and will feel right at home here.

Brian

Brian,
HSM used to be a good list, I have made many friends on that list, however it seems to be going the way of the old rec.crafts.metalworking which again was a good list before the whacko's took over.

It's probably down to moderation. I don't like a strictly moderated list but if the list is allowed to run unchecked it soon gets out of hand.

Do a groups search on metalwork related forums and they are few, now do a search on politics, religion and gun crime and you are into 20 odd pages.

Basically there is a place for everyone but it doesn't have to be where I'm standing ::)

I still post there and I still have many good friends there.
I feel a bit of a fraud on this list as although I have an interest in small IC engines I know I'll never build one, I don't have the patience. If I were reincarnated in a later life as a vulture I'd be the first of the species to go out and kill something :-\

John s,

Just show em some of you gear development work and they'll all be wowed. As a newer member here I don't feel as intimidated to post as over thar. I personally look for the tips an tricks to machining as much as anything else, but making tricky small running parts seems like an appropriate challange to master some of the newly learned techniques.

I browse over there and typically search by author, starting with you, then Evan, and a few others.

BG

Back