Siamese twin----IT RUNS..:) not finished yet.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Well I got some shop time in this morning and figured the dimensions and hole locations for the head plate. After much fretting and fusing I drilled and taped the holes in the cylinder block and then drilled the holes in plate. They went together nicely and then I thought...well....lets put some air to it, so making sure the timing was on I shot some air into each intake hole and she runs great!!!!... Boy am I PUMPED!!!!!......

headplateon.jpg

After I build the intake nipples, air/steam distribution block, legs for the base and get the flywheels mounted (I am going to try the tapered bushing method explained here:
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=711.15 by CFellows) I will post pics of the completed engine and take a short video. ;D ;D

Many thanks again to this board and all of it's members...:0

Boy, thats great Deere.

Can't wait to watch it.

Kenny

Nice looking model! Keep us posted (no pun intended) on the progress. Congrats ont he runner!

Congratulations Bob!

We look forward to seeing more!

Rick

Nice photos Bob, thanks for the update. I love photos of model engines with some of the Dykem still on parts. It shows a high level of excitement. I know 'cause I do it all the time and I'm the original excitable boy! :D

Phil

Latest posts

Back