Sherline rotoary table

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal_slicer

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I need so many more tools to be able to build my design and it isn't easy considering the cost of tools. I want to get a Sherline rotary table but I was wondering how is a three jaw chuck mounted to the table?

Sherline sells a 3/4- 16 adapter that screws into the center of the table all shoreline chucks use this thread size.
Bill M.

Rotary Tables are very expensive landed in Singapore. Had to DIY a 4'' RT found from DeanPhotographica.com which have Taig Lathe and Mill projects.
Bought precision worm and wheel from SDP. DIY RT was used to help mill con-rods for Webster/Nemett-Lynx/Rupnow Hit&Miss Engines. And now the Howell V-2 Engine Con-Rods.

IMG_0258.jpg

Rotary Tables are very expensive landed in Singapore. Had to DIY a 4'' RT found from DeanPhotographica.com which have Taig Lathe and Mill projects.
Bought precision worm and wheel from SDP. DIY RT was used to help mill con-rods for Webster/Nemett-Lynx/Rupnow Hit&Miss Engines. And now the Howell V-2 Engine Con-Rods.

Nice! I don't think my sherline mill or my hf lathe would be up to the task of making such a fine piece of precision.

Been looking at Deans rotary table for a long time. Unsure of my ability to make one.

No worry. Was my second attempt. Deans gave us the inspiration and the next was I need a very robust and steady RT to mill the big/small ends of con-rods. The face plate and top cover had to lapped to give 100% contact to elominate vibration and rocking and chattering. A SDP precision worm and wheel must mesh real close to prevent rotary backlash when milling job big end and small end con-rod profiles. The collar nut below spindle must adjusted and locked to eliminate chatter.
Dean gave step by work instructions which is very helpful. W/o which,Gus would have given up. For some reasons,he left out graduation of hand wheel and table and the letter stamping. The RT took some time to complete and troubleshoot. Cams were also cut with RT with minute angular and quill feed.
Just bought a ''Made In India'' 80mm three jaw chuck. Not as cheap & nasty as the M.I.C. chucks and quality wise was good. Planning to build another RT cum divider with indexing plate to cut 14 spur gears for the Howell V-2 Engine timing gears. Paul Swift is mailing over a gear hob.

bazmak, i remember reading that thread with interest, and even attempted my own. I was not successful with drilling the locking holes consistently. Im thinking a worm gear may help me be more accurate.

Latest posts

Back