Sherline Challenge - NAMES

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChooChooMike

Reaction score
Saw this on another site and thought I would help spread the word.

The Sherline Machinist's Challenge contest will once again be held at NAMES. As always, there is no requirement that Sherline tools be used in the building of the entry. It just has to meet the size requirements. The project must fit within 64 cubic inches (1049 cubic cm) of volume or approximately a 4" (10.2 cm) cube. Cubic shape limits are not strictly required, and a single dimension of up to 6" (15.2 cm) is allowed as long as the volume requirement is not exceeded An article will appear soon in The Home Shop Machinist with the rules, but you can find them now at www.sherline.com/challen.htm . Last year only 5 people entered 7 projects, and we are hoping for a lot more this year so we can continue holding this contest in the future. Please tell everyone to get a project together, whether they plan to attend the show or not. I can take them with me for display. It doesn't have to be as complicated as an engine, but nice finishes and unique or
complicated projects seem to do the best in the judging. Thank you for helping spread the word.

Sincerely,
Craig Libuse
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back