Sharpening Endmills on a 4-Axis CNC Mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWarfield

Reaction score
I just posted a note on my cnccookbook blog about a YouTube video that I think is very cool. This guy Hoss does a lot of amazing things and videos most of them. He's built a little Sieg X2 mill into a complete vertical machining center with rotary toolchanger, flood coolant enclosure, and the whole 9 yards.

His latest exploit is to set up his 4th axis on the Sieg for sharpening endmills. It came out pretty sweet:

[youtube=425,350]s5l_GpfUqCo[/youtube]

Not much more to say, but it just goes to show something I've been saying for a while. It looks like CNC is expensive to some to undertake, but it is so versatile that you wind up not having to buy a lot of other things.

If you're curious about the potential, you could do a lot worse than to watch a bunch of Hoss's other videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hossmachine

He has a web site too:

http://www.hossmachine.info/projects.html

Cheers,

BW

HOSS always puts out great videos. inspiring also 8)
just from reading, isn't the grinding dust killer for ways?

Many say so, but Hoss is no fool either.

You should ask him about it as he also has a surface grinder attachment for the mill.

This little test wasn't big enough to worry about,
I would cover everything with shop rags for a bigger job just to be safe.
The next test will be with a cup wheel so I just need to remember
not to use the kerosene soaked rags. ;D
Hoss

Welcome to HMEM Hoss

Good to see you here!

Rick

Hoss,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hoss :bow: :bow:

Welcome to HMEM. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here, I know the members here will be in for a treat Re CNC mill mods and questions. I have followed your thread over on CNCzone and have learned much.

Cheers :)

Don

Thanks Fellas,
You all do some amazing work! :bow: :bow:
I'm in awe.

Back