Scotch Yoke model

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldmechthings

Reaction score
A fellow in our neighborhood summoned me to his place to give him a little help on a project he was working on, restoring a wood jewelery chest. It was missing a brass foot and he needed another one made. while visiting he pulled out a little gadget that he had acquired and asked if I might know what it was. Sure, it was a model of a Scotch Yoke steam engine. It was a cute little thing and I would have liked to have had it for my collection, but understandably Fred did not want to part with it. So I just took a good look at it and as soon as I got home a sketch was made so that I would not forget the details, until time could be worked into the schedule to build it
p1150001wy8.jpg

Fred's engine was built with castings, but the pattern work for one engine was not worth it, so I fabricated the engine by silver soldering pieces of brass together. That works pretty good for one of a kind projects. It was built about 7 years ago so is starting to show a bit of patina. That is like gray hair on an old man.
Have a good day and I'll try to have something different tomorrow.

Birk

Thanks Kenny. I'm still very much in the learning process of posting on the site. Wes fixed it and emailed and said he thought I should remove the hppt:// before posting. I'll try that tomorrow. In the mean time I'll go twist the handles on the lathe and mill. At least I know what they do.
Birk ;D

I don't know if I've seen this one before, but it looks really nice. Maybe I have seen it , but it was hidden in all of the other great stuff.

Oldmechthings said:
Thanks Kenny. I'm still very much in the learning process of posting on the site. Wes fixed it and emailed and said he thought I should remove the hppt:// before posting. I'll try that tomorrow. In the mean time I'll go twist the handles on the lathe and mill. At least I know what they do.
Birk ;D

Birk,

You seem to be having some problems posting pictures. Go to the HSM BBS site:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3

and at the top of the thread list for the General forum is a 'sticky' topic entitled:
"How to post pictures on this forum using photobucket"

Evan Williams, the fellow who wrote it, is both articulate and a computer guru. Follow his instructions and you'll be in good shape.

Nice engine Birk:O) I'm glad I was able to fix your picture. I wasn't sure I could do it and not delete all your other stuff.

Latest posts

Back