Saurer RR7 full build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday was a bit lazy, I dont work in the shop on sundays! So I did some work on the screen again, a lot of measuring was still to do, while listening good music from Janis Joplin and other real musicians. Today I will do the next parts from spare materials, pics will follow then.
Regards
Gerhard

My eyes are on your proyect, do not forget it ;)

Hi Carlos
I never will!!
So there is a bit more done, pics will follow when some more progress is made, maybe this afternoon!
Regards
Gerhard

Back from the shop with new parts! The axels are almost all turned ,just one for the front wheels missing. I`m not as fast as so many others, but remember, there is no CNC in my shop, so I do it all the "olde way" by hand. Just a few milling for the driving key slots has to be done, this will happen when all the small turned parts are done.
Regards
Gerhard
005 Achsen.jpg

Next to do were the axels to the rear trackwheels. Only one today (could`nt start in the morning:mad:), I turned it from hardened brass of 25mm dia. The largest diameter, 22mm now, will be milled down to a 18mm hex.
Regards
Gerhard
006 Spannachse.jpg

The second rear trackwheel-axle is done, now waiting for new materials......
Pics show the axle in the lathe, alot of chips are made!:fan:
The last picture shows what was going on the last few days, the short pieces from post #24 above will be made new, they are`nt good enough:wall:
007 Spannachse.jpg
008 Spannachse.jpg
009 Achsen.jpg
Regards
Gerhard

Next few parts done! The rough looking surfaces will be grinded and sanded to the correct measures, at the time they are all oversized +0,02mm.
Regards
Gerhard
011 Achsen.jpg
012 Achsen.jpg
013 Achsen.jpg

Some of you may wonder, where I was at..............

Broken bones and a smashed motorcycle don`t really help you building models:wall:
But I`m back, and work at the Saurer will continue soon! Still something hurts, but recreation is going on, so I will be able to start again in a few days (or weeks?)

Regards
Gerhard

Latest posts

Back