Safety is no accident

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinsquirrel

Reaction score
Got home tonight after a horrendous day at work and found my kids had made me a little present for the workshop.....

DSCN0224.jpg

cheered me up no end!!!

David

Cool idea for the kids! Good way to get ice cream money!

How much does it cost you? Per word or per incident?

Nice present for the kids to give you David!

And we think their not paying attention... ;)

Rick

My eldest is always on the lookout for money making schemes, he gives me a fully itemised invoice for his pocket money/allowance every Saturday morning and if I don't have the cash on me he makes me write a cheque!!

I told him the other day that when I was an apprentice if we were caught leaving the chuck key in the chuck we would have to sing "I'm little teapot" (with the actions) in front of the whole workshop as a punishment and he had that scheming look on his face which I know means that I'm gonna feel it in my wallet.

OK let's see how many ways I can hijack this thread.
1) sounds like you are raising an extortionist HMM
2) as far as the potty mouth jar I have heard of them apparently one was used on the set of the chronicles of narnia has your son watched the behind the scenes of the lion the witch and the wardrobe ???
2a) when I worked at the air national guard base there was such a jar in the flight line crew chiefs bull pen. Inappropriate verbiage caused a $1 donation to the jar. I thought the jar was for the benifit of a young woman crew chief . According to my brother SHE was one of the biggest offenders.another HMM. The funds were used to buy Pizza for the crew, when enough was in the jar.
3) My schooling for machining was at the USAF tech school at Aberdeen PG MD. The army trained next to us. You could tell if someone left the chuck key in . he was the one carrying the 3 foot long aluminum chuck key everywhere that day.
4) buy a spring that fits around the chuck key it will pop out if you let go no key left in chuck= no cursing = empty potty mouth jar.!!
Tin

No Tin, I'm highjacking this one.

Tin Falcon said:
4) buy a spring that fits around the chuck key it will pop out if you let go no key left in chuck= no cursing = empty potty mouth jar.!!
Tin
I love the spring. At work we have a Fadal with a 4th axis on it. The key for the chuck has a spring. This keeps the chuck from indexing and smacking the table and wrecking the indexer, all bad things. One day the shop owner came to help run some machines (as he regularly does) and decided to remove the spring. :wall: I may just have to fix that Monday!
It takes a little while to get used to (have to keep your hand on it) , but it is worth it.

Now who has the fix for forgeting to lock the quill on my mill? Cedge came over last Friday and I swear I forgot to lock the quill every time I went to mill???

Tim

Latest posts

Back