• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Round stock

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolland

Reaction score
My son brought me two pieces of 2 5/8 X 44 inch pieces of round stock. I will never use all of them in my life time so if someone is traveling through central Arizona they can have one or part of one they are most welcome. They weigh around 80 pounds. In a former life they were axles for the reels on a cable reel trailer from a power company. The material looks to be 1018 crs at least they file mark like it.

;D New idea for small flyheel material I have cut 6 pieces 1-5/8 inches long that are 2 5/8 in diameter. I turned a piece in the lathe and it came out nice with the lathe running at 600 rpm and used a carbide bit was a very smooth finish. due to the scale they will turn to 2 1/2 clean,they should have enough lenght to allow for hubs.
Any of them will fit in a small flat rate box. I can send two rounds with shipping for $14.00 to the lower 48 three for 17.50. If you wish I can mail a couple and if they will work you can send the payment

I can cut some longer pieces but I will have to use a larger flat rate box.

That's a nice offer, Rolland. A good size for making small flywheels.
Hope there is someone in the southwest that can come visit you!

Dean

wow i was just though there two days ago drove back east

That must be some heavy scale, if you're starting out at 2 5/8" diameter and going down to 1 1/2" diameter to clean them up!!!! ;D ;D

You have to give me a break. I am typing with a handicap. I sliced my main typing finger and the rest don't know anything about riting. It should be 2 1/2 :p

Back