Rough & Tumble

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody going? I will be there on Saturday. Hope to see some of you.

Plan on being in the model shed on fri and saterday.
Tin

My bride and I are driving down on Thurs. (12 hour drive) We have never been before, is one day enough to see all or should we plan on two? How large is the model display?

Peter

OOPS I thought I responded to this last night must have forgot to hit the post button .

1 day is likely enough to see R & T . But you could easily spend a full week in the area. and still have to pick and choose. There is Corwall furnace Sp in Lebanon county just o the north. Hopewell furnace NHS. The Pennsylvania RR Museum in Strausburg. The Stausburge Railroad. the Landis valley museum just to name a few.
The model shed is not huge IIRC roughly 20 x 40 ft then another slightly smaller area outside under cover with steam lines . Inside there are compressed air lines as well. Are you wanting to exhibit?? People are good about squeezing one more in .
The main focus at r &T is the full scale stuff there is a good sized steam shed and a couple areas with old IC stuff.
And lots of folks bring there tractors to the show. also a large flea market.
Tin

Thanks for the reply Tin, I don't think I will bring anything to exhibit. I have read that both the US and Canada are tightening border security even more, not sure what this means yet but I assume it won't make it easier to bring things across. Checked on the furnaces and museums you mentioned, we only have to Monday so will have to choose carefully what to see and do. Thanks again.

Peter

Well was a good show. needed a shoe horn to fit my display in on Friday and a good showing on Saturday as well.
next show will be in October.

Tin

I'll be at the spring steam up next weekend. Anybody else going? I may make it on friday afternoon, but I will be there on saturday for sure. Hope to see some of you there.

Saturday the good lord willin' and the creek don't rise as they say.
Tin

Back