• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rivett lathe for sale.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith5700

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Ok, I need some V8 money more than I need 2 lathes so I want to see if this recently overhauled Rivett 608 lathe will fetch any decent money.

It's date is 1922. Sold as seen in the photos, plus about 16 change gears, the idler belt drive assembly, faceplate, chisel rest thing and a 3 pointed travelling steady. No collets unfortunately.

It needs a motor, belt, bench and a couple of decent headstock oilers to get it working.
The overhaul thread can be found in the Questions section.

I'm not sure what it's worth as I've not seen one for sale recently in the UK.
I'll start at £750.

Inspection welcome anytime. I'm in Derby in the UK.

Wow, that's just beautiful! I'd have a great deal of trouble parting with a lathe like that!

Good luck, Ian

Wow, that's just beautiful! I'd have a great deal of trouble parting with a lathe like that!

Good luck, Ian

Thanks. Still not 100% sure I'm doing the right thing. I'll see what happens.

Is this still available? If yes, let me know here at http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com

Yes it is available still. It's on ebay at the moment on a buy it now so I could withdraw it. Cheers.

Back