Riding the footplate

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebird

Reaction score
Hi

My mate Julian managed to 'acquire' permission for the two of us to ride the foot plate of a steam train from Loughborough to Birstall and back, absolutely excellent

Take a look

[ame]http://youtu.be/DjtiPFsaxOY[/ame]

Cheers

Rich

Not half John, black faces and stinking of oil and soot ;D ;D

Ps

A recent computer crash caused me to lose all my e-mail addresses (I know I should have them backed up) could you send me a quick test e-mail so I can get your address again

Cheers

Rich

Thank you for posting this. It's something that many of us will probably never actually be able to experience. While we have seen film taken from the outside as steam trains go by, taken from the driver's (engineer's in our part of the world) is truly unique. :)
Ernie J

firebird said:
Not half John, black faces and stinking of oil and soot ;D ;D

Ps

A recent computer crash caused me to lose all my e-mail addresses (I know I should have them backed up) could you send me a quick test e-mail so I can get your address again

Cheers

Rich

Getting covered in soot and oil is part of the experience. Glad you got the chance to "feel" that. You'll have black buggers for a couple weeks....part of the experience!

Dave

Latest posts

Back