Reference old posts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putputman

Reaction score
How do you reference an old post on a new one. ??? ??? ??? I see them quite often. Marv "mklotz" uses them all the time. All you have to do is click on his ref. post and you are there. It looks like a handy tool. I have tried to find info on search but no luck. Had an opportunity to use it today.

I open a second window and just copy the address of the post I want to ref. into the text I am posting.

Or go to the post you want to use and right click and copy the address then right click in "making a post" text box and click on "paste". The address, or link will appear in the text.

you press post and then we get a cold one and read, and....

;D

There's alot of roads in computing and most of them end at the same place,
Kermit

Arv,
If you've bookmarked the thread then just open it up to a new window or tab. If it's something you need to search for then open a new window or tab and go find it.

Once you have the thread up you can highlight the URL and cut and paste into your reply. You'll have to use the url tags "[ url] [ /url]".

Kevin

Ok, cool. Thanks Kermit.

I didn't know that. Huh! Even old dogs learn new tricks. ;)

Kevin

I've only ever used those tags when I wanted to make the URL appear as a word in my text.

LIKE THIS ONE!

just make the first bracketed urlthingy say {/url=(paste link here then close the brackets. Then put the words you want to appear between the two bracketed tags.

Kermit

Kermit, your second post where you referenced Kevins post is exactly what I am looking for. How in the heck did you get there. ??? ??? ???

Keep it simple -- you are talking to a dinosaur. Need a step by step.

A picture worth 1000 words.

posting link.gif

Back